Clinical evaluation of the effectiveness and the skin tolerance of SilveRpès
versus a placebo on patients with labial herpes
Study conducted by Groupe Dermscan, a center of clinical experimentation chartered by the French Ministry of Health and by AFSSAPS (French Health Products Safety Agency), ISO 9001/2008 certified.
Objectives of the trial
- Evaluation of the clinical effectiveness based on the specific parameters of a cold sore: dryness, erythema, edema, vesicles, re-epithelialization, lesion size, scabs and exudates;
- Clinical evaluation of the tolerance to the products under study;
- Subjective evaluation of their sensory characteristics, their effectiveness, their tolerance to a later application;
Conclusions about the effectiveness and the tolerance of SilveRpès
- SilveRpès results in a faster dissolution of herpes symptoms rather than produced by the placebo on the following parameters: cyst, re-epithelialization, size and scab;
- SilveRpès demonstrated a good tolerance on the skin, the placebo having demonstrated a very good tolerance on the skin;
- SilveRpès was appreciated by the volunteers for its organoleptic characteristics and its effectiveness; most volunteers wish to continue the use of SilveRpès and would be likely to buy it at the end of the test.
- Double-blind study versus a placebo;
- Kinetic: D0-D1-D2-D3-D4-D5-D6-D7-D8-D9 & D10;
- Zone: labial zone presenting the cold sore and/or the symptoms.
- Clinical results of SilveRpès on cysts
- Clinical results of SilveRpès on re-epithelialization
- Clinical results of SilveRpès on the size of the lesion
- Clinical results of SilveRpès on the scabs